- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential accounts.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to actively pursue new business daily.
- Maintain relationships with members of buying groups and long term Magnacharge Customers to identify deeper selling opportunities.
- Ensure that orders are picked and delivered, routes are developed and maintained.
- Some light warehouse work may be required from time to time, deliveries in the company provided vehicle a frequent occurrence.
- Prepare presentations, proposals, quotes and sales literature as required.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge of all MBC product lines, features and benefits of all suppliers.
- Learn about and identify all MBC target markets from primary household batteries to customized Industrial batteries. Must ultimately become knowledgeable in all aspects of the battery business to understand and identify all target market needs and basic requirements of their business.
- Identify and approach all spent (scrap) battery opportunities.
- Manage and prioritize your schedule to maximize selling time in front of existing and potential accounts.
- Manage account activity through routine product checks and regular stock rotations on consignment or regular customer stock.
- Identify and resolve client concerns immediately.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Work closely with appropriate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales and new accounts.
- Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce overstock inventory.
- Maintain open communication with route delivery staff, inside sales and company management.
- All Contacts and call activity to be logged and maintained in your company Blackberry.
- Special deliveries to customers will be required regularly.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required to grow sales and outperform set targets and budgets in Revenue, Profits and New account generation.
- Work mainly on the road communicating with management and support staff in the office. May be required to work from home in the evenings and if required on weekends to complete all necessary work for customers. Some light travel maybe required.
- Prior sales representative experience
- Prior knowledge of batteries
- Basic understanding of order entry and general office and customer service duties as required
- Great customer serivces skills
- Presentation skills
- Must be comfortable with public speaking
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
If you have already applied with Personnel World, please call our office to discuss this opening at 517-323-3500.
If you do apply for this position and do not hear from us within 48 hours, please contact our office for more information at 323-3500.