Provide leadership within the Engineering Group and throughout the company.
Support the development of strategic business plans for the Company.
- Propose and execute the approved annual engineering budget and department objectives to meet departmental and company safety, quality, delivery and value objectives.
- Establish and monitor key measurements throughout the fiscal year to support achievement of engineering and company objectives.
- Work with executive staff to plan, develop and implement organization policies and goals.
- Through oral and written communication, keeps the company aware of changing conditions, developments & major obstacles within the engineering field.
- Represents the company at the direction of the Vice President of Operations in the resolution of conflicts, problems or concerns with customers.
Develop and maintain engineering staff.
- Formulates engineering department structure.
- Recruit and hire permanent and temporary engineering personnel who are sufficiently experienced and motivated to fulfill work requirements.
- Develop and implement training for engineering personnel
- Effectively communicate with entire employee population to maintain excellent inter- departmental relationships and team work, through motivation and coaching, as well as resolving personnel issues when required.
- Work closely with customers and other internal company departments to ensure the effective coordination of work effort within the company.
Manage New Product conversion and introduction .
- Establish designs to meet customer/market performance, quality and cost targets and ensure they are met.
- Establish reasonable design lead-times and assure that schedules are met.
- Develop cost effective and user-friendly equipment manuals and a system to deliver them with the product.
Manage a total of 10-15 employees in the Engineering Department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carry out direct supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or ten to fifteen years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred. Additional classes (courses, seminars) would include:
– Developing Executive Leadership
– Team Building
– Strategic Planning
– Financial and Accounting Principles for non-financial Managers
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to executive staff, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have already applied with Personnel World please call our office at 517-323-3500 to discuss this opening.
If you do apply for this position and do not hear from us within 48 hours, please contact our office for more information at 323-3500.