All work is done outside or in warehouses that are not climate controlled
- Place band separators in between units according to unit requirements
- Remove all foreign objects from units
- Manually maneuver boards to ensure proper unit size and dimension
- Visually inspect units for imperfections
- Stack individual units into multiple units for treating or kiln drying
- Use nail gun to secure fence pickets together
- Stack fence panels into unit sizes required by each order
- Using a tagging gun, put customer required stickers on individual pieces of a unit
- Monitor and prevent tags from running out
- Have a high level of attention to detail, ensuring tags are placed in same directions on each individual piece
- Ensure each piece has a tag
- Assist the planer supervisor in inventory checks at the discretion of the planer supervisor.
- Communicate with the stacker operator and out feed forklift driver to ensure that the operations run as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
- Make certain that all lumber is run out before shutting down operations unless otherwise directed.
- Pick up and dispose of all sticks and broken lumber.
- Inspect work station, staple/nail gun, and air lines daily to ensure preventative maintenance can be done.
- Responsibly follow all safety procedures and policies, work together with co-workers to ensure a safe working environment, and reports all accidents or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Wrap needed products with paper wrap.
- Clean control rooms, break rooms, bathrooms, the planer pit, around the shavings systems, sweep floors, and the floor around and under your work center, utilizing all necessary lock-out procedures as needed.
- Paint hand rails and guards.
- Maintain a safe workplace and culture, and complete required safety forms, checklists, and permits.