||Manages the regional sales activities of all segments in North America. Specialize in technologically and scientifically advanced products. Use technical skills to explain the benefits of products or services to potential customers and to show how products or services are better than their competitors’ products.
Plans, directs and coordinates sales efforts in the region
- Achieve sales and margin goals on all product lines into the assigned territory.
- Deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Coordinate the technical service resources into the region to accomplish sales goals
- Prepare reports as required by North American Director of Sales.
- Maintain pricing strategy that maximizes gross margin contribution
- Operate within the budgetary guidelines approved by the North American Director of Sales.
- Travel as necessary to grow the business
- Attend sales and technical training sessions as requested
- Manage business travel expenses within budgetary and reasonable requirements.
- Secure and renew orders and arrange delivery
- Plan and modify products to meet customer needs
- Help clients solve problems with installed equipmen
- Recommend improved materials or machinery to customers, showing how changes will lower costs or increase production
- Help in researching and developing new products
Promotes marketing efforts by coordinating and attending regional trade shows and other marketing activities as approved by budget.
- Orchestrates advertising and trade show activities to promote sales growth.
- Identifies lead referrals and orchestrates proper follow up and reporting as required
- Follows up on leads generated to the region and reports activity as required.
- Attend local industry meetings to advance brand recognition and information gathering.
Conform to all ethical and legal expectations
- Conduct business acumen within the guidelines of all company policies and within the legal boundaries of all applicable laws.
Directly supervises independent manufacturers’ representatives in the region. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training representatives where needed.
- Technical Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; and five to seven years related experience and/or training in technical sales of capital equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional classes (courses, seminars) would include:
– Sales Management
– Marketing seminars
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moderate noise levels.
If you have already applied with Personnel World please call our office at 517-323-3500 to discuss this opening.
If you do apply for this position and do not hear from us within 48 hours, please contact our office for more information at 323-3500.