Writes estimates for foundry and other equipment.
- Reviews Sales inquiry report along with customer specifications, if any. Obtains any needed clarification.
- Obtains quotations from the outside when necessary or if time permits.
- Writes detailed estimates using appropriate software.
Makes proposal drawings for foundry and other equipment.
- Prepares conceptual drawings of systems and equipment for presentation to the customer when required.
- Makes drawings on AutoCAD to enable drawing elements to be reused in the future.
Writes proposals for foundry and other equipment.
- Writes budget or firm proposals describing the estimated systems and equipment.
- Uses appropriate software when feasible to reduce retyping.
- Includes in firm proposals items such as terms and conditions, description of acceptance test, etc.
Makes trips to prospective customer plants as required.
- Makes trips when necessary to obtain information for preparing an estimate.
- Makes trips with Sales Account Representatives when necessary, to help present the proposal.
- Reviews estimates to Purchase Order for compliance.
- Ensures RSC receives signed proposal from customer upon order/prior to order confirmation.
- Enters estimates into Syteline
- Sets up Kick-off meeting with Manufacturing and other departments to review order. Project is handed off to Project Management.
Follows up jobs to back check estimates.
- Reviews job cost summary sheets periodically to compare actual to estimated costs.
- Investigates reasons for deviations.
- Reviews Findings with dept manager.
- Incorporate findings in future estimates.
||Applications Engineer Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent from four-year College or technical school; or one to two year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional classes (courses, seminars) required would include:
– Foundry processes courses at AFS
– AutoCad basics
– Basic physics as it relates to force, work, pressure, etc.
– Manufacturing processes.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write proposals that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers and management.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
If you have already applied with Personnel World please call our office at 517-323-3500 to discuss this opening.
If you do apply for this position and do not hear from us within 48 hours, please contact our office for more information at 323-3500.