||Determine manufacturing needs, components, supplies, and review engineering changes to ensure supplier on-time manufacture of quality products and services within established budgets.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Manager, Production Control, Engineering Manager, Quality Manager, and Project Managers to ensure customer needs, specifications, and deadlines are met.
- Maintain open communication between Engineering and Manufacturing to manage design changes that might impact materials or suppliers and make necessary adjustments.
- Work with Manufacturing Manager to make informed decisions of make vs. buy for manufactured products and services.
- Work on special assignments as designated by management.
Research and investigate suppliers’ capabilities, capacities, and quality, and compare products and pricing.
- Build positive relationships with suppliers.
- Investigate and recommend potential suppliers based on responsiveness, costs, facilities, capabilities, performance, and timeliness.
- Participate in meetings between suppliers, engineers, and purchasing to reach economical procurement of manufactured products and services.
- Conduct alternate raw material, process, and supplier evaluations, for quality, cost, and timeliness and utilize the ICN and ECN processes and procedures to improve cost efficiency of manufactured products and services
- Maintain open communication with outside suppliers and assess their ability to perform work that meets RSC technical and quality standards.
- Qualify suppliers, obtain quotes and delivery lead times, and advise Purchasing for outsourced manufactured products and services.
- Monitor supplier performance on quality, cost, delivery, and responsiveness.
- Review supplier standards and develop and execute action plans for improvement.
- Investigate manufacturing alternatives for special requirements of manufactured products and services
- Analyze supplier machinery, equipment, floor space, layouts, and manufacturing methods to increase efficiency, safety, quality, and reduce costs.
- Investigate and develop solutions for supplier issues as they arise
- Interface with all levels of supplier personnel.
Interface with Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Resolves discrepancies on engineering drawings to ensure economical and efficient manufacture of product.
- Ensure manufacturing and suppliers have current drawings and revisions.
- Advise plant management on costs, schedules, and designs.
- Actively participate and ensure supplier compliance to RSC quality and environmental management systems.
- Participate in meetings as required and provide technical information for decision making.
- Continually increase technical knowledge in manufacturing processes.
- Enter accurate information into the Syteline system.
- Submit regular reports to manufacturing management and engineering management.
||Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred and minimum one to three years related experience in supply chain management, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional classes (courses, seminars) required would include:
- Knowledge of machining, fabrication, and machine building
- Syteline training; ISO Quality training
- Management courses/seminars relevant to supply chain management
- Personal development skills such as time management and organization
- Objective and professional communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra and the fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Understand graphical methods and representations of empirical formulas.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems dealing with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must possess professional skills to address and resolve issues internally and externally in service to RSC customers.
If you have already applied with Personnel World please call our office at 517-323-3500 to discuss this opening.
If you do apply for this position and do not hear from us within 48 hours, please contact our office for more information at 323-3500.