||$14.00 – $15.00/hour
||Greater Lansing, MI area
- Ensure all treated products meet quality control standards.
- Ensure all units are properly banded before being treated
- Pressure treat units according to specific treating requirements
- Transfer lumber from infeed to cylinder
- Transfer treated product from treating cylinders to outfeed
- Monitor chemical usage
- Quality control of chemical mixtures
- Quality control of all charges
- Monitors and performs minor adjustments to machines
- Dispose of hazardous waste according to OSHA regulations
- Maintain required production levels by working safely and efficiently
- Maintain a safe workplace and culture, and complete required safety forms, checklists and permits.
- Perform Lockout procedures as needed.
- Responsibly follow all safety procedures and policies, work together with co-workers to ensure a safe working environment and report all accidents or unsafe conditions to the supervisor.
- Sweep the floors, pick up broken pieces of lumber, and shovel debris.
- Climb and descend a flight of stairs several times per day
- Stand for 75 % of an 8 hour shift
- Bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- General Lumber knowledge is preferred.
- Reading, writing, and math competency demonstrated by high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year quality control experience required
- Intermediate computer knowledge
||924 Centennial Way, Suite 400, Lansing, MI 48917
|If you are interested in applying with Personnel World, please fill out our online application and cut and paste your resume (RTF). If you do not hear from us with 48 hours from submitting your application, please contact our office at 517-323-3500.