||Loader – Lumber Yard
||Greater Lansing, MI area
- Load proper material on outbound trucks and ensure units are properly banded
- Properly mark units with ship dates on the placard and ensure loads are accurate to the shipping form
- Use RF Scanning Gun to pull each unit and prepare shipping paperwork
- Load customer pickups and keep the treated side of the year neat, organized, and clean.
- Must keep all outbound trucks loaded in set amount of time and allow flow of traffic as set with the time schedule
- Maintains a high level of attention to detail on orders loading into RF Scanning Gun, selects each piece of lumber from instructions on scanning gun
- Communicates effectively with Shift Supervisor on quality of product
- Perform Lockout procedures as needed.
- Responsibly follow all safety procedures and policies, work together with co-workers to ensure a safe working environment and report all accidents or unsafe conditions to the supervisor.
- Properly logs maintenance required for fork truck and sign out sheet
- Sweep the floors, pick up broken pieces of lumber, and shovel debris.
- Clean the break room and bathrooms when designated.
- Paint handrails and performs other light maintenance items as needed.
- Sort materials such as nuts, bolts, etc. in to the correct container.
- Climb and descend a flight of stairs several times per day
- Stand for 90 % of an 8 hour shift
- Bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Manipulate hand tools such as picks to uncross and straighten boards.
- Diploma or GED, writing, and math ability demonstrated by high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- General Lumber knowledge such as log sizing and quality terminology is required.
- Most often these skills are acquired through a minimum of 6 months of previous work experience in the plant.
- Previous experience using a Warehouse Management System and RF Scanner preferred
- Previous experience operating a hydrostatic fork truck preferred
- Reading, writing, and math competency demonstrated by high school diploma or equivalent.
||924 Centennial Way, Suite 400, Lansing, MI 48917
|If you are interested in applying with Personnel World, please fill out our online application and cut and paste your resume (RTF). If you do not hear from us with 48 hours from submitting your application, please contact our office at 517-323-3500.