|Shipping and Receiving
|Greater Lansing, MI area
|Shipping and Receiving: $12.00 – $14.00/hour
Operates hand trucks to move incoming/outgoing orders to proper areas
- Operates fork truck to safely load skids onto racks, move items around and load and unload truck including bundles of material
- Prepare all daily shipments from shipping schedule and accurately keep track of past dues.
Ensure all product is properly packaged and labeled for shipment
- Create shippers and labels from computer
- Create bill of ladings and hand shippers
- Set up trucking for skids to be picked up when necessary
- Properly record and maintain inventory
- Verify incoming shipments and confirm counts against shipper by either physically counting containers or scale counting parts.
- Turn paperwork in at the end of the day to the proper department
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Use of banding equipment, tape, shrink wrap, and other necessary methods to secure boxes and/or cartons to pallets for shipment.
- Assist in maintaining packaging, shipping and shop supplies as needed.
- Ensure that shipping area is accessible and safe.
- Frequently required to stand, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds
- Minimum of a high school education and one year of related experience in shipping and receiving.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Licensed forklift truck operator (preferred but can train)
Days and hours are Monday- Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm Overtime may be required as needed.
|924 Centennial Way, Suite 400, Lansing, MI 48917
|If you are interested in applying with Personnel World, please fill out our online application and cut and paste your resume (RTF). If you do not hear from us with 48 hours from submitting your application, please contact our office at 517-323-3500.