||Field Service Technician:
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday (may vary slightly)
The Field Service Technician is the face of the company, serving as our front-line representative and an essential member of our service oriented team. Primary job duties involve the installation of fixed-wireless Internet service in addition to troubleshooting both Internet and VoIP telephone services at customer locations while regularly climbing ladders and working on rooftops.
- Troubleshoots by attempting to identify and remedy sources of Internet, video and telephone service or customer-perceived problems.
- Prepares for daily work assignments by collecting equipment and supplies from warehouse, and stocking vehicle as needed.
- Communicates with central dispatch as needed and monitors provided software throughout the day for information regarding changes to work schedule and for information about current installation.
- Interacts with customers in a professional, courteous manner including when responding to escalations and repeat customer concerns.
- Completes basic performance testing and setup of installed services, including PC, Local Area Network, WiFi and/or functionality of Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone equipment.
- Educates customer on the features and functionality of installed products.
- Cleans work area upon completion of job.
- Completes paperwork accurately, and reports and records work order status updates as required through various methods or media.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance required. Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours due to customer or operational demands, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
When you join our team – you’re taking more than just a job! You’ll love what you do and your skills will not go unnoticed. Every employee is an integral part of our team, and your talent and value will be appreciated and put to work.
Why You’ll Love This Position:
Flexible scheduling, and casual dress in a progressive, creative, open, and fun work environment.
Growth and Advancement Opportunities.
Empowerment and Self-Management – No Micromanagement!
Training and Support.
Paid time off and Holiday pay.
Comprehensive benefit package including 401K retirement plan, health, optical and dental insurance, long-term disability coverage.
||Field Service Technician Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; post-high school education a plus.
- Valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record in accordance with Company’s Motor
- Work experience in fixed-wireless or job-related area, such as structured wiring (e.g., new construction electrical, low voltage wiring, home entertainment system wiring); field service installation and repair in voice technology (telephone); data (internet), or video (RF/cable).
- Comtrain (or comparable) certification and/or rigging experience.
- Excellent customer service, time management, attention to detail and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of PC and MS Office products.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently with limited supervision to complete tasks, respond to department requests, collaborate with others to utilize resources, and apply knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Ability to interact and communicate appropriate information to customers and team members in a professional manner.
- Ability to work required shifts and overtime (as necessary).
- Ability to complete all tasks, leaving nothing unfinished.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems.
- Experience with command line interface.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts and troubleshooting router / WiFi issues.
If you have already applied with Personnel World please call our office at 517-323-3500 to discuss this opening.
If you do apply for this position and do not hear from us within 48 hours, please contact our office for more information at 323-3500.